This is an agreement between the User and Uni-SPIRE. Welcome to our site. The Uni-SPIRE website and various Universal Continua are comprised of various web pages and portals operated by Uni-SPIRE. We offer the site to registered users including but not limited to teachers, students, parents, homeschooling parents, instructional coaches, curriculum and assessment specialists, university and college teachers, and administrators on the condition you accept without modification, the terms, conditions and notices contained herein. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service. Your registration, access to and use of one of the Universal Continua constitutes your agreement to all such Terms. Please read these terms carefully, and keep a copy of them for your reference.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Some parts of the Service are billed on a subscription basis ("Subscription(s)"). You will be billed in advance on a recurring annual basis.
All materials posted on this site are subject to copyrights owned by Uni-SPIRE. Any reproductions, retransmissions, or republication without written permission is expressly prohibited. Teachers, students, parents and other registered users of the site retain their own copyrights to their materials posted such as, but not limited to lesson plan, written and video pieces, and posts about teaching practices. We value interactions with our clients and client to client interactions. It is unlawful for anyone to post information that is copyrighted by third parties including photos taken from the Internet to illustrate students’ published writing.
The names, trademarks, or logos of Uni-SPIRE appearing on this site may not be used in publicity or otherwise to indicate Uni-SPIRE’s sponsorship or affiliation with any product or service without written permission. The exception is registered school districts or schools may include the Uni-SPIRE logo as part of their designated curriculum on their website.
Our copyrights are registered in the United States of America. In compliance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, the authorized agent for Uni-SPIRE’s website is Dr. Deborah Powell, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please notify Deborah Powell if you believe that your copyright is being violated by Uni-SPIRE, listing a specifically as possible the location of said material on Uni-SPIRE’s site and where you believe the original copyrighted material is printed, published or presented.
We have made every effort to document and seek permission for reprinting copyrighted materials. Many ideas that teachers submit to us may have been learned from reading a book or attending a session. If they have adopted these ideas as their own teaching practice, it may be difficult for them and Uni-SPIRE to identify the original source of the material.
Acceptable Use Agreement
It is the policy of the Uni-SPIRE to maintain an environment that promotes ethical and responsible conduct in all online website activities by staff, parents and students. It shall be a violation of this policy for any teacher, student, or other individual to engage in any activity that does not conform to the established purpose and general rules and policies of the website. Within this general policy, Uni-SPIRE recognizes its legal and ethical obligation to protect the well-being of students in its charge. To this end, Uni-SPIRE retains the following rights and recognizes the following obligations:
- To log website use and to monitor fileserver space utilization by users, and assume no responsibility or liability for files deleted due to violation of fileserver space allotments.
- To remove a user account on the website.
- To monitor the use of online activities. This may include real-time monitoring of website activity and/or maintaining a log of Internet activity for later review.
- To provide internal and external controls as appropriate and feasible. Such controls shall include the right to determine who will have access to Uni-SPIRE owned intellectual property and, specifically, to exclude those who do not abide by the Uni-SPIRE's acceptable use policy. Uni-SPIRE reserves the right to restrict online destinations through software or other means.
- To provide guidelines and make reasonable efforts to train staff and students in acceptable use and policies governing online communications.
- Staff members who supervise students, control Internet use, or otherwise have occasion to observe student use of said online use of the Uni-SPIRE website shall make reasonable efforts to monitor the use of this website to assure that it conforms to the mission and goals of Uni-SPIRE.
- Staff should make reasonable efforts to become familiar with Uni-SPIRE’s Universal Continua and their uses so that effective monitoring, instruction, and assistance may be achieved to maximize the student benefits of the website.
All User Responsibilities
- Use of the electronic media provided by Uni-SPIRE is a privilege that offers a wealth of information and resources for research. Where it is available, this resource is offered to staff, students, parents, administrators and other patrons at a low cost. In order to maintain the privilege, users agree to learn and comply with all of the provisions of this policy.
- All use of Uni-SPIRE’s Universal Continua must be in support of educational and research objectives consistent with the mission and objectives of Uni-SPIRE.
- Proper codes of conduct in electronic communication must be used. In social groups such as conferencing, giving out personal information is inappropriate. When using e-mail, extreme caution must always be taken in revealing any information of a personal nature.
- Uni-SPIRE’s website accounts are to be used only by the authorized owner of the account for the authorized purpose.
- All communications and information accessible via the website should be assumed to be private property.
- Exhibit exemplary behavior on the website as a representative of your school and community. Be polite!
- From time to time, Uni-SPIRE will make determinations on whether specific uses of the website are consistent with the acceptable use practice.
- Giving out personal information about another person, including home address and phone number, is strictly prohibited.
- Any use of the website for any purpose other than the designated purposes is prohibited.
- Any use of the website for product advertisement or political lobbying is prohibited.
- Users shall not intentionally seek information on, obtain copies of, or modify files, other data, or passwords belonging to other users, or misrepresent other users on the website.
- No use of the website shall serve to disrupt the use of the website by others. Software shall not be destroyed, modified, or abused in any way.
- Malicious use of the website to develop programs that harass other users or infiltrate a computer or computing system and/or damage the software components of a computer or computing system is prohibited.
- Hateful comments, harassment, discriminatory remarks, and other antisocial behaviors are prohibited on the website.
- The unauthorized installation of any software, including shareware and freeware, for use on Uni-SPIRE’s website is prohibited.
- Use of the website to access or process pornographic material, inappropriate text files (as determined by the system administrator or building administrator), or files dangerous to the integrity of the local area website is prohibited.
- Uni-SPIRE’s website may not be used for downloading entertainment software or other files not related to the mission and objectives of Uni-SPIRE for transfer to a user's home computer, personal computer, or other media. This prohibition pertains to freeware, shareware, copyrighted commercial and non-commercial software, and all other forms of software and files not directly related to the instructional and administrative purposes of the Uni-SPIRE.
- Downloading, copying, otherwise duplicating, and/or distributing copyrighted materials including pictures, other students’ work, other author’s work or any other material that has not been originally created by the student author without the specific written permission of the copyright owner is prohibited, except that duplication and/or distribution of materials by teachers or homeschooling parents for educational purposes is permitted when such duplication and/or distribution would fall within the Fair Use Doctrine of the United States Copyright Law (Title 17, USC).
- Use of the website for any unlawful purpose is prohibited.
- Use of profanity, obscenity, racist terms, or other language that may be offensive to another user is prohibited.
- Playing games is prohibited unless specifically authorized by a teacher for instructional purposes.
- Establishing website or Internet connections to live communications, including voice and/or video (relay chat), is prohibited unless specifically authorized by the system administrator.
- Uni-SPIRE cannot be held accountable for the information that is retrieved via the website.
- Pursuant to the Electronic Communications Privacy Act of 1986 (18 USC 2510 et seq.), notice is hereby given that there are no facilities provided by this system for sending or receiving private or confidential electronic communications except Uni-SPIRE to adult users in a teaching or administrative capacity. System administrators, whether this is the teacher, homeschooling parent or administrator, shall have access to all student Internet communication via the website and will monitor messages. Messages relating to or in support of illegal activities will be reported to the appropriate authorities.
- Uni-SPIRE will not be responsible for any damages you may suffer, including loss of data resulting from delays, non-deliveries, or service interruptions caused by our own negligence or your errors or omissions. Use of any information obtained is at your own risk.
The Education Agency makes no warranties (expressed or implied) with respect to:
- the content of any advice or information received by a user, or any costs or charges incurred as a result of seeing or accepting any information; and
- any costs, liability, or damages caused by the way the user chooses to use his or her access to the website.
- Uni-SPIRE reserves the right to change its policies and rules at any time.
I have read, understand, and will abide by the above Acceptable Use Policy when using computer and other electronic resources owned, leased, or operated by Uni-SPIRE. I further understand that any violation of the regulations above is unethical and may constitute a criminal offense. Should I commit any violation, my access privileges may be revoked.